Monday 27 May 2013

I love my satchels... or should that be Zatchels?

As many of you will undoubtedly know already, I was one of many who took advantage of the amazing Zatchels 50% off birthday sale.  To be honest I'd been after a satchel for some time but I couldn't decide what style, colour or even brand I fancied.  Thankfully Zatchels appeared at the right time and everything worked out for the best.  Michelle already owned a few Zatchels bags and seemed really happy with their style and quality, which is a big plus.  When I saw the sale was coming up I felt it was definitely the right time to invest in some quality man bags, and with 50% off it seemed like a sign - 50% means you're supposed to buy two right?


My first pick was the black 14.5" classic satchel (see here).  It felt like the obvious choice as black is versatile and ultimately chic.  Size wise I thought the 14.5" would be best as it'd be able to fit most of my essentials, such as an A4 pad and macbook, along with my other bits and bobs.  Seeing as thought I classed it as an investment piece I opted for the strap slider for comfort; I also chose to go for the handle, which makes it that much more masculine.  You also get a detachable strap when you opt for the handle, and therefore it can be used as more of a briefcase if you wanted to use it in a more formal setting, say for work etc.


The bag is great quality; the leather is both luxurious and durable.  I particularly like the silver detailing with the nickel buckles and clasps on the detachable strap.  Hopefully it'll add to that professional look I'm going for.




I found choosing a second bag a little more difficult.  If you've looked at the Zatchels site (see here) you'll know there are endless options in many different styles, colours, patterns and textured finishes.  However, I'm a sucker for the finer things in life so the 'Executive Collection' caught my eye straight away (see here).  After having a look through I justified it as a birthday present to myself that I could use as an overnight bag, say for that odd break away from the city, or more likely to it!  Once I had that in mind I thought it made more sense to choose the 17.5" option - go BIG or go home!  Also as I'd already bought one bag in black I thought it best to go for the brown option.


You can definitely feel the quality when it comes to the Executive satchel.  The leather is fabulous quality, and the textured finish and patina exude luxury.  With bold brass detailing on the buckles and clasp it definitely looks the part and I feel rather dapper strutting around with it over my shoulder.  The bigger size was definitely the right decision and I can't wait to pack it up and head out on some adventure; whether in the city or country I think this bag will definitely look the part.



Both bags came with cloth bags to keep them in and authentication certificates.  I found it a little odd but rather cute as I've never had either before.  I guess it's all part of the Zatchels experience, but it definitely made them seem that bit more special.

Overall I'm really glad I bought these satchels, and although it may have taken a little time for them to arrive - no criticism of Zatchels who did a fantastic job under the circumstances - they were definitely worth the wait!

Take care,

Neil x

8 comments:

  1. I love them both Neil, especially the black one! So stylish. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you definitely need to spoil yourself every now and then, and these were worth it. x

      Delete
  2. Wow! Very nice c: They remind me of
    the ones from Cambridge! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm rather please with my purchases. You're right that they're very similar to the Carmbridge satchels, but in comparison I edge more towards Zatchels! x

      Delete
  3. Most quality leather bags come with a dust bag - ah, the things you boys miss out on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously girls get all the special treatment ; p Guess that's why it makes it that much more special for me!

      Delete
  4. I got one too in the sale and I love it so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's great! I'm so glad I got mine at the time and didn't miss out. x

      Delete